All our solutions seek to match the need with the service. In keeping with our goal to provide customized answers, we offer instructor-led sessions from 1.5hrs to 2 days, one-on-one or small group sessions and working on-site or a combination of these. For larger organizations, we also have a unique elearn program on workplace email – see details below.
Outside The Deck
Face to face delivery – in the office, boardroom, home office depending on privacy and distractions
Telephone delivery – discuss a specific situation providing tips and techniques, run a workshop/lecture followed by discussion, DIY practice
Classroom delivery – at an office or other designated location – for teams and small groups – ½ day or full day sessions
After our session? We follow-up. There's no point in the training if you're left on your own to wonder whether you're being effective. We will assist you in preparing for your next presentation and arrange to attend it. In this way, your new learning is reinforced.
- Learning elements for planning effective presentations/public speeches – based on Aristotle's teachings
- Deliver relevant presentations/public speeches and be comfortable doing it
- Foster each participant’s unique communication style – native and non-native English speakers
- Develop and work with PowerPoint content for presentations that support the audience and the message
Outside The Inbox
1) Helping your organization get started – review and consulting – looking for quick wins
2) Creating Awareness – workplace presentations – strategy and tactics for managing e-mail
3) Revolutionary Learning Tool – available only to organizations; minimum license 100 views
A one hour computer-based tutorial designed to create greater productivity using email at work, based on the book “Managing Your E-mail: Thinking Outside the Inbox”, Copyright © 2003 Christina Cavanagh, John Wiley & Sons Ltd. This convenient, time-friendly approach employs a variety of learning and information methods, including lecture, quizzes and hands-on exercises. A unique feature of this tutorial is the articles that participants can download to use on an ongoing basis as personal reference materials.
The program has 9 sections: Introduction & Quiz, Quirks and Wonders, The Legal Face of Email, The Inbox, The Outbox, Tips & Techniques, Email Conservation, Final Quiz, Summary. It also includes 7 downloadable PDF articles that supplement ongoing knowledge.
- greater awareness of email misuse and time spent in dealing with low value messages
- more understanding of communication channels and how to select the best one to optimize productivity
- knowledge of the cost of using email systems incorrectly
- viable solutions for individuals, departments, organizations
Outside The Classroom
1) Trainer – working with larger organizations, corporate universities and professional associations teaching qualitative skills – communications, planning, change management – either proprietary or custom developed
2) Lecturer – associated with educational institutions teaching strategic/tactical business communication capabilities to undergraduate/graduate degree candidates
3) Facilitator – working with small to medium size firms and associations as an executive resource:
- Business/strategic planning – developing new plans, refreshing current ones
- Marketing – strategic, tactical, website redesign, social media, customer research
- Communications – internal, external, planning and productivity measures
- Preparing requests for quotes, proposals
- Operations – human resources, process evaluation, revenue/product/service analysis
Our services are priced by the project not on a per head basis. In teaching situations, organizations/units truly benefit as we charge a flat fee for the training and not on a per person basis.
In consulting/facilitating situations, we prefer to quote a daily or project rate based on an hourly fee of Cad/US $250 or €200.
We pre-quote and provide an agreed upon ceiling for services before we start. In this way, everyone knows and understands the total cost for the delivered service. We pride ourselves on teaching communications – in this sensitive area we practise it in full.
Click here for a two page summary of our skills, expertise and experiences.